Carnation Cafe Dining Part II

A couple of months ago, I posted about my first time dining at the reopened Carnation Cafe.  Since then, I've had a chance to visit a second time and sample some new dishes, so I thought I'd share my thoughts about them!

The amazing and decadent Baked Potato Soup.
I had heard about the delicious Baked Potato Soup, and this appetizer did not disappoint! It's all the delicious flavors of a fully loaded baked potato, in soup form.  Certainly, this is not the healthiest options, but the smokey bacon, savory sour cream, tangy chives, and luscious potato chowder were absolutely wonderful!

Chicken Fried Chicken, as scrumptious as it looks!
My friend had the Chicken Fried Chicken, which is basically like a chicken fried steak.  It was quite delicious... meat still moist, breading nice and crispy.  I haven't heard bad things from any of my friends who've tried this.

The Sustainable Fish of the Day was a delicious fillet of trout!
Because of my larger appetizer portions (I had also ordered the Fried Pickles), I choose fish for my main course, so that I'd have a lighter entree.  This was absolutely splended, flaky and moist, with a light crispy sear on top, and flavoring that might have been a tad too salty, but nothing to really complain about. Atop the bed of salad greens and edamame succotash, it made for a very balanced meal!

So, it goes without saying that the Carnation Cafe is a very fine restaurant and has become one of my favorite dine-in spots in the parks! Go check it out when you have the chance!

Comments

Recently Popular